Public Hearing on Technology in Government
Thursday, March 23, 2000
State Capitol, Room 4202
Public Hearing: 9 a.m.
1. Dennis McKenna, Chief Executive Officer, e.Republic, Inc.
2. James P. Ware, Vice President, The Concours Group
3. M. Stuart Lynn, retired Associate Vice President for Information Resources and Communications, University of California President’s Office
4. Carl L. Silva, Jr., Corporate Vice President of Next Generation Networking Solutions, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), and Richard H. Klippert, Director of Systems Integration Solutions for the Systems Engineering Group, SAIC
5. Craig Cornett, Director of Criminal Justice and State Administration,
Legislative Analyst’s Office (LAO), and
Anna Brannen, Principal Policy and Fiscal Analyst, LAO
6. Debbie Leibrock, Chief, Technology Investment Review Unit, California Department of Finance
7. Robert Dell’Agostino, Director, California Health and Human Services Agency Data Center
8. Steve Nissen, Senior Special Assistant for Innovation in Government for Governor Gray Davis
The following testimony was presented during the public comment portion
of the hearing:
Stephen J. Kayner, Staff Information Systems Analyst, comments on behalf of the California State Employees Association.
(The Commission will consider agenda items I-VII at approximately noon. The precise time will vary depending on the testimony of witnesses and will be determined at the discretion of the chair.)
I. Election of Officers
II. Consideration of Community Colleges Report
III. Study Selection Process
IV. Schedule of Hearings and Studies
V. Subcommittee Reports
VII. Business Meeting Transcript from February 24, 2000