Public Hearing on Alcohol & Drug Abuse Treatment
Thursday, April 25, 2002
State Capitol, Room 437
Public Hearing: 9 a.m.
Overview from the national perspective
- Timothy P. Condon, Ph.D., Associate Director, National Institute on Drug Abuse
Treatments the medical community considers effective
- Thomas McLellan, Ph.D., Director, Treatment Research Institute and Professor of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania
What State policy is trying to accomplish
- Alice Gleghorn, Ph.D., Director of Research, Epidemiology and Grants, Community Substance Abuse Services, San Francisco Department of Public Health
Size and demographics of California population in treatment and needing treatment
- David W. Rinaldo, Ph.D., Partner, SGR Health, Ltd. and The Avisa Group
Personal costs of addiction and barriers to obtaining help
- Dellena Hoyer-Johnson, a person in recovery representing The Effort, Inc.
- Verdia Nix, a person in recovery
Treatment providers’ assessments of their programs
- Toni J. Moore, Alcohol and Drug Administrator, Sacramento County Department of Health & Human Services
- Amalia Gonzalez del Valle, Project Director, Contra Costa County Substance Abuse Services Division
- C. Kathryn Icenhower, Ph.D., Executive Director, SHIELDS for Families, Inc.
Business Meeting Agenda
(The Commission will consider agenda items I-VIII at approximately noon. The precise time will vary depending upon the testimony of witnesses and will be determined at the discretion of the chair.)
- Affordable Housing Report
- Gambling Regulation Report
- Governor’s Reorganization Plan #1
- Business Meeting Minutes from March 19, 2002
- Schedule/Project Selection
- Subcommittee Reports
- Reports from Bureau of State Audits
- Legislation/Implementation Activity
Written testimony from invited witnesses that was submitted to the Commission electronically will be available on the day of the hearing in pdf format, viewable with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. Follow the links for each witness to view their testimony. A web site link is provided for those for whom there is no testimony. To obtain printed copies of these materials or other testimony, contact the Commission Office.