Public Hearing on Water Governance
Thursday, September 24, 2009
State Capitol, Room 437
Click here to view CalChannel video coverage of this hearing.
All written testimony submitted electronically is linked to the witnesses' names below.
Public Hearing: 9 a.m.
Past Efforts to Combine the CVP with the SWP: History & Next Steps
Integrated Water Management: Incentivizing Coordination and Implementation
- Sarah Bates, Senior Associate, Center for Natural Resources and Environmental Policy, University of Montana
- Mark Cowin, Deputy Director, Integrated Water Management, Department of Water Resources
Irrigation Efficiency Program: A Model for 21st Century Water Governance
- Jason Peltier, Chief Deputy General Manager, Westland Water District
Effective Water Governance, Planning and Implementation: A How to Guide
Public comment will be taken at the end of the hearing. The following organization has submitted written comments to the Commission:
- Richard Roos-Collins, Director of Legal Services, Natural Heritage Institute
- Dean Misczynski, Retired Director, California Research Bureau
Business Meeting Agenda
(The Commission will consider agenda items I-V at approximately 1 p.m. The precise time will vary depending upon the testimony of witnesses and will be determined at the discretion of the chair.)
- Business Meeting Minutes from August 27, 2009
- Schedule/Project Selection
- Subcommittee Reports
- Infrastrucutre Policy and Finance: Draft Recommendations
- Implementation Activity
- Reports from Bureau of State Audits